Nicky Wroe likely to STAY!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Nicky Wroe likely to STAY!

Post by Yellow4life »

Anyone know what happened to him tonight?

Wasn't even on the bench tonight which was odd although he has been poor.

Great captains performance by mansell though!
Last edited by Yellow4life on 04 Jan 2011, 17:50, edited 3 times in total.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i am sure i saw somewhere on here he was given a few days to 'clear his head' :rofl:
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

He wasn`t picked in the squad, no injury to hm really. It does mean him and Mark Ellis wil be 100% fit for this saturday though.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Definately or.......................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He needed a break but to drop him completely? Odd decision. I honestly didn't think we missed him tonight(on recent performances) to give lathrope a start was a risk as well- that didn't pay off!

Mansell for captain by the way!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Yellow4life wrote:He needed a break but to drop him completely? Odd decision. I honestly didn't think we missed him tonight(on recent performances) to give lathrope a start was a risk as well- that didn't pay off!

Mansell for captain by the way!
Slightly harsh as he looked pretty good in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thought Lathrope looked alright. Mansell was excellent, must keep the captains armband in my opinion. Takes the pressure of NW and he could then get back to his best.

However, unsure as to why he was dropped completely?! Seemed just a little harsh.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Well Buckle said he was rested but hopes to bring him back for Saturday. Perhaps that's all there is too it.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Perhaps Bucks has listened to the critics who say that some players won't ever get dropped? Good decision, in my opinion. Nobody should automatically be selected if they're not performing, and Wroe, seemingly, hasn't been at his best lately.
pcm
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by pcm »

Agree that Mansell looked the part as a captain also thought Lathorpe looked okay and could turn into a good asset. Dont think Wroe has had too many good games since his workhorse Chris Hargreves left , he has looked poor for a very long time.
TORQUAY TILL I DIE....
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I have been saying for weeks that Wroe was not worth his position in the starting 11. Good decision by the manager to drop/rest him.

It allowed Manse to show that he is the most natural captain in the club and I hope he keeps the job to allow NW to concentrate on recovering his form.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Fonda wrote: Slightly harsh as he looked pretty good in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch.
I'm not saying he had a bad game- I'm saying starting him and then him getting injured was bad luck. He wasn't give a fair chance of his debut.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Paul made some positive changes to the starting line-up with skipper Nicky Wroe given a rest but Bucks was keen to stress that Nicky will be called on again sooner rather than later: ''Nicky was left out tonight, he has played a lot of games over several months now and he hasn't quite been himself of late and that can happen to the best players. It was time to give Nicky a rest tonight, Damon has been doing very well in the reserves and Eunan (O'Kane) can also play in there. I thought our midfield played very well and Lee Mansell was immense tonight but we will probably need Nicky back on song at the weekend and he will come back refreshed.''

Taken From the OS so as said above he was rested. Good decision to be honest- ready for a big game Saturday!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Anyone willing to bet that Wroe will not be back in the team on Saturday. After O'kanes peformance in midfield on Tuesday it is clear that even an off forn Wroe is a better option.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I thought O'Kane did alright on Tuesday. Certainly better than Nicky 'pass it sideways, then chase the opposition player you've just given it to' Wroe has been this season. Lathrope looked like the natural alternative to Wroe in his 10 minute cameo, hopefully he wasn't too badly injured.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."