League 2: Torquay United vs Lincoln City

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

UP THE GULLS!!!! :clap:

and..........BUCKLE OUT! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Burton vs AC Northampton midweek...then Barnet v Crewe on Sat - anyone fancy a no score draw? :whistle:

Solid 3 points - steady as we go :-D

Come on, come on. Come on, come on, come on, come on you Gulls - I said... and repeat :clap: :scarf: :engflag:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

well done boys..... as the song goes.... " and tonights going to be a good night"............
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Just back from the game. Excellent battling 3 points, these were the type of games where we couldnt break down the opposition earlier this season, and got caught on the break. Not now by the looks of it though :)
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Agree with fletch, we would usually draw or lose this game and see it as a banana skin, but now, we do not. Quality save from Bevan, and excellent link up play between our forwards, Ive often criticised Buckle for his subs, but he got them spot on today, reacted quickly, and was tactically aware of who and when to bring people on. Need to get at least some of these loan players signed on a permanent, played a good balance of long and short passing, really impressed today. Also, a really good atmosphere with the new drum!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:I wonder if Brucie cheered for Tomlin's goal, who we all know he thinks is rubbish :clap: :clap:
Unimpressive again, to be fair. Fantastic finish though.

Zebroski was outstanding, I think he'll get my vote for Player of the Year.

Credit to Bucks for changing it Lathrope and Jake weren't on their game, O'Kane and Stevens livened it up no end.

Happy chappy tonight.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

First half thought the team were in total control with out really playing that well,second half the team certainly went up agear or two,and ran out deserved winners,apart from a lame shot from muzzy,and a slice of luck in the second half that saw us keep a certain goal,to be honest dont think Bevan knew much about it,Lincoln showed nothing up front at all.

In Mansell we have real leader,and along with Zebs there workrate was tireless,niether gave up on any ball,or situation however lost it looked ,and the real winner was the crowd,awesome loved it,well done to the newly named Yellow army,thats better keep it up guys :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Great result today - well done to Buckle and the lads. Successful sides show they can win at the 'business end' of the season - we are donig that.
I've got a good feeling about getting to the playoffs - although I think it will go down to last game of the regular season - never been to Rotherham - what's it like?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

They play in Sheffield so you still wont need to go there ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Southampton Gull.
Thanks for that but what's Sheffield like? (yes, and I have seen the Full Monty!)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Smashing result today, much needed with Vale and Rotherham dropping points. Opened a little gap now, just need Stanley to stop getting results but that run doesn't look like ending any time soon unfortunately. Gillingham still on a cracking run (14 unbeaten), and Stevenage have won 6 on the spin which is more than anyone else has done all season.

Someone has to slip at some point. We have to make sure its not us, and another critical game next weekend (which unfortunately I can't make). It seems like we are on the same home/away pattern as most of the sides we are battling, so if most sides are away next weekend it makes getting a result all the more critical.

I can also see it coming down to the last day at the Don Valley Stadium - I'm in Sheffield on a big weekender so I could really do with the football not putting a downer on things! It would be fantastic if we were already secure by then, but just to be right in the mix with 6 games left is quite an achievement from Buckle and the lads.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Grim northern shit hole, just like everything north of the Penn Inn.

Seriously though, the ground is in a housing area, not totally residential, but busy enough. Stadium itself is bloody horrible. Bigger than San Siro (the one in Italy, not Northampton) but with 11 people rattling around inside. Imagine Wembley hosting the Under 11s, southern area final watching paint dry competition, that's what it's like. Consequently, with the running track round it too, means there is zero atmosphere and you're a million miles from the pitch, which is in terrible condition. Last time I was there, it was freezing cold and the local constabulary decided that we were worthy of being overtly filmed.

Still, the indoor concourse was nice.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Grim northern sh*t, just like everything north of the Penn Inn.
Oi :@
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yes Nick? :whistle:
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »