League 2: Northampton Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Sunny wrote:Have just had a quick look at Friday's game reports. Firstly may I say that Torquay were not at their best but I can't really blame them, my blame falls with Buckle. OK I know he has a lot of fans but why oh why does he keep getting on loan players and playing them above the players that have contracts. Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!
Are you for real?

We get players in on loan to improve the overall ability of the squad, usually at a cheaper cost than signing someone on a contract, as the loaning club usually pays a percentage of their wage. It also means Bucks can look at players over a period of games to see that they complement our existing squad. Stanley has come in to replace our creative centre midfielder and (IMO) is a huge improvement over NW, whos performance seems to have dropped over the last year or so, with just the odd excellent performance (sorry Barns!). Benners was almost certainly going to leave in the summer when out of contract, so replacing him in the starting 11 with Billy made sense (I happen to think he will be better than Benners and has age on his side). I dont think Jakey Robinson is a direct replacement for Benners like some, as he is more a winger who can play up front. Thats why he's usually playing on the left wing where he can cut in and score goals regularly and get crosses in. The reason for Tomlin and Murray on loan is that we have one out and out striker in the 1st team squad (not for want of trying to sign another) and that just isnt enough. As for your comments on Zebs, alongside Branners, he has been our most consistent performer over the whole season.

If you really think the likes of Danny should be starting ahead of Zebs or Jakey, then I assume you also believe in the tooth-fairy and leprechauns? Saul is just not ready to start regularly but with more experience, and learning how to vary his game against opponents, I think he will be an asset. Danny however, whilst he is good to bring on against tiring defenders, when he starts he is usually shut out of the game by half time. L2 defenders are a cannier bunch then BSP ones, and the full backs usually have more pace.
fifa11tricks
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by fifa11tricks »

I agree, we need loanees (unfortunately). They have brought us up a level. We were playing amazing last season IMO but we were unlucky and stupid many many times (ie. letting leads slip in the last 10mins over and over again).

This season we have improved even more and I think we could give Exeter or Plymouth a smashing at any given time this season. Our cup run says it all! Lets kick on for the rest of the season.

I really hope they bring down ticket prices for the last few games. I can't afford the £16 to go, so I have to sit there listening to the game on Radio. I live about 200m for Plainmoor Stadium.

Make it £7.50 and I will go, charge more to sit down or something. We need a few 4000+ crowds to cheer the team on to promotion :)
fifa11tricks
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by fifa11tricks »

I could bring my airhorn along again like the good old Kevin Hodges days !!!!!!!!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Can we go back to slagging off either Northampton fans or the French please, this talk about football is getting boring.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Awayday wrote:Can we go back to slagging off either Northampton fans or the French please, this talk about football is getting boring.
:lol: :-D
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Awayday wrote:Can we go back to slagging off either Northampton fans or the French please, this talk about football is getting boring.
what about french northampton fans ?!??!! that would be fun !!! :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

regiment0609 wrote: what about french northampton fans ?!??!! that would be fun !!! :-D
There aren't any - us French have taste!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

scottbrehaut wrote: There aren't any - us French have taste!!
=D :~D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

scottbrehaut wrote: There aren't any - us French have taste!!
In what? Frogs legs, unshaved women and doing nothing to your house until it crumbles to the ground?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

cambgull wrote: In what? Frogs legs, unshaved women and doing nothing to your house until it crumbles to the ground?
You missed out inbred, but, apart from that I think your list sums us up rather well.

STIP
fifa11tricks
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by fifa11tricks »

Also, the French are shit'e at footie at the moment, so nuff said
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

fifa11tricks wrote:Also, the French are sh*t'e at footie at the moment, so nuff said
However, they do know where to use an apostrophe

STIP
fifa11tricks
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by fifa11tricks »

modern english. let's you hear what im saying whilst reading it ;-)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

fifa11tricks wrote:modern english. let's you hear what im saying whilst reading it ;-)
You don't need an apostrophe ont he let's in this instance.
Really the correct way of wording your comment would have been...

"This is what is considered modern English. It allows you to read my comment in the context of how it would sound if I was to say it to you"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Awayday wrote: You don't need an apostrophe ont he let's in this instance.
Really the correct way of wording your comment would have been...

"This is what is considered modern English. It allows you to read my comment in the context of how it would sound if I was to say it to you"
Physician, heal thyself. :red:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"