League 2: Northampton Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

agree scott.

lets look on the bright side - we took 4pts off them! :na: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

scottbrehaut wrote:Torquay fans.

Here is an idea - if you don't like what is being said on the Northampton Town website, don't go on it!!!!

You moan and whine about "them" coming on here, and telling them to "f**k off" and then you promptly go onto their and moan about them moaning about us!!

It is all getting rather boring now. We drew, the ref was crap, we are higher in the table then them. We have idiotic fans, they have idiotic fans, we fouled and got away with it, they were offside and got away with it.

Alas, the BBC "highlights" fail to show the "contentious" free kick decision for the second goal (despite mentioning it) so I can't pass comment on whether it was a foul or not.

Let's all just move on.
:~D

OK.

1. But sometimes it's quite funny

2. Never did.

3. Agree.

Also if other club's fans are allowed to post their opinion of us on their forums why can we not have our say about said opinion on this forum? And you obviously have not been paying attention, some of us have made forum friends :na:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Ignore him. He's French, prefers lacrosse to football and is a pedant to boot :devil:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Southampton Gull wrote:Ignore him. He's French, prefers lacrosse to football and is a pedant to boot :devil:
True, true. :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:Ignore him. He's French, prefers lacrosse to football and is a pedant to boot :devil:

Nothing wrong with that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I am a moaning, whining, garlic smelling, snail eating "Guern" who has had a sh*t day at work and comes on here to find the same old bo****ks being chucked out by the same old suspects who can't move on....

Could be worse I suppose, I could be an ugly b*****d like Dave, or a fat, ugly, dirty Northern b*****d like SNW........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Or a Guern with missing front teeth the next time you come over :@
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:Or a Guern with missing front teeth the next time you come over :@
At least you won't moan about me biting you then I suppose... :Z

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Lol, you bite pillows, not me :clap:
Dave

Sunny
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: DANNY STEVENS

Post by Sunny »

Have just had a quick look at Friday's game reports. Firstly may I say that Torquay were not at their best but I can't really blame them, my blame falls with Buckle. OK I know he has a lot of fans but why oh why does he keep getting on loan players and playing them above the players that have contracts. If he's not happy with the players on contracts then put them on loan or get rid of them, don't leave them fuming on the bench whilst playing loanees who are no better than them. Don;t get me wrong, the likes of Stanley and Jake T are good players but they will go back to their clubs when the time comes, then what?

He hasn't got a settled side and each week he hardly ever plays the same team, the players are all over the place. Buckle has been lucky so far. Why does he constantly play Zebs for 90 minutes every game. On Friday he was terrible, don't get me wrong he runs around that field like a headless chicken, forever falling over and giving away the ball. When he is bad Buckle should take him off or play him in his correct position. It's no good blaming the ref, blame PB. And for those who are pleased with ONE POINT!! get real, we need to win not be happy with a draw, which Buckle seems to think is OK. AND I'm fed up with people slagging off the players WHO WERE ACTUALLY ON THE BENCH!!!! and not involved on the field.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

This time last season Branston was on loan, he was epic for us and his arrival coincided with our amazing run that kept us in this league. We need these loanees, our squad isn't big enough and if, like Stanley and Jake this season and Branston last season, they're doing a good enough job then should be picked to start. If we had a rule that states loanees will always be second choice to those on contracts no one would agree to come here. And are you seriously suggesting starting Halpin over those on loan? He has only just become a professional, he's better off coming on as a sub for the time being. What about Macklin? He is not deserving of a starting place and to be honest I cannot see him staying here much longer. Should we make Billy play a full 90 minutes so soon after returning from injury just because he's on contract?

Stanley and Jake are both out of contract at the end of the season, Jake will probably want to move up a division but Stanley is a real possibility to make the move (or perhaps I'm just being hopeful) a permanent one.

I also see nothing wrong in being pleased with a point from a game in which as you say Torquay 'were not at their best'.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Sunny wrote:Have just had a quick look at Friday's game reports. Firstly may I say that Torquay were not at their best but I can't really blame them, my blame falls with Buckle. OK I know he has a lot of fans but why oh why does he keep getting on loan players and playing them above the players that have contracts. If he's not happy with the players on contracts then put them on loan or get rid of them, don't leave them fuming on the bench whilst playing loanees who are no better than them. Don;t get me wrong, the likes of Stanley and Jake T are good players but they will go back to their clubs when the time comes, then what?

He hasn't got a settled side and each week he hardly ever plays the same team, the players are all over the place. Buckle has been lucky so far. Why does he constantly play Zebs for 90 minutes every game. On Friday he was terrible, don't get me wrong he runs around that field like a headless chicken, forever falling over and giving away the ball. When he is bad Buckle should take him off or play him in his correct position. It's no good blaming the ref, blame PB. And for those who are pleased with ONE POINT!! get real, we need to win not be happy with a draw, which Buckle seems to think is OK. AND I'm fed up with people slagging off the players WHO WERE ACTUALLY ON THE BENCH!!!! and not involved on the field.

If you think Zebroski was crap and running around like a headless chicken that would explain you thinking your Danny is the best player ever to wear football boots. The likes of Craig Stanley and Jake Robinson are why we're chasing an automatic promotion spot or worst case scenario a play-off berth. Your whole viewpoint is blinkered and always anti-Buckle and we all know why. Your beloved Danny is only capable of brief glimpses of skill and only ever has been. He had undoubted skill but is far too lightweight to play a whole 90 minutes and put in a shift like Zebroski. Buckle has got us where he has with one of the smallest budgets in this league so your argument just doesn't stand up to the facts. Change the record.
Dave

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Sunny wrote:Have just had a quick look at Friday's game reports. Firstly may I say that Torquay were not at their best but I can't really blame them, my blame falls with Buckle. OK I know he has a lot of fans but why oh why does he keep getting on loan players and playing them above the players that have contracts. If he's not happy with the players on contracts then put them on loan or get rid of them, don't leave them fuming on the bench whilst playing loanees who are no better than them. Don;t get me wrong, the likes of Stanley and Jake T are good players but they will go back to their clubs when the time comes, then what?

Wow where's that come from?!

Whose slagged anyone off who was sub, with regards to Northampton away? 2 of them came on after 94mins and didn't touch the ball, the other scored a cracker.

Zebroski is our top scorer, puts a shift in every week and whilst his method isn't the most orthodox it's effective at League 2 level. He's going to be in our top 3 for player of the year i'd have thought.

Again with regard to the loans, the freekick for the equaliser was conceeded by Branston I believe, correct me if i'm wrong but he's our player?

The current loanees in the side, Staney, Tomlin, Robinson - all 3 for me are massive improvements on what we had before. Especially Stanley and Robinson who we'll have a decent chance of signing in the summer, similarly Branston was a loanee,big impact, signed. So that method works for a club like ours.

Everyone was disappointed not to win the game, but a draw at Northampton isn't the worst result especially on the back of a few wins.

Buckle has been lucky, what's the addage? Better to be lucky than good, fortunately for us Buckle is both then! Because he's proving to be a very good League 2 manager and one day will no doubt get his chance to work higher hopefully with TUFC.

If you beleive the players out of the side are better than the oens in it, that's your opinion which you are 100% entitled too, I'd imgine you'll be in a minority of 1 though. :-D
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Is it just me or is this a load of BS? I'm sure we've hardly changed our side that much recently?

Yes, we've had some luck, as most clubs who win promotion at only the second attempt get? Buckle made the signings he needed to make, and got us out of the BSP within 2 years. Trips to Wembley in both seasons, and then led us to a good finish last season, and in the second season, not fighting relegation, but fighting for promotion. I think your critisism of Bucks is very harsh, yeah he has used loan signings but can you honestly say that they've been wrong? Would we be in the position we are now without the loan signings? I'll admit I was critical in January after Benyon left, but, I have to say that once again, Buckle has got the decision right. Robinson is, in my opinion, a better player than Benyon. Apart from Benyon, name another player that has been got rid of, and is now playing in a higher league? He has had a hell of a lot of critics, especially with Woods, Hargreaves and Sills, but he has got every single one right with the signings he has made to replace them. First season, he seemed like he had some favourites, but he made the tough choices and he got them right.

Because Zebs is one of the best, hard working players at the club. OK so he can be a bit sloppy sometimes, but he is quick, powerful and has a good finish on him. He tracks back too, and as you said, doesn't stop running. In my opinion, I'd rather that we kept Zebs on, than brought on Macklin/Stevens/Kee etc, Zebs is a much better option.

Maybe, just maybe, Bucks feels he is more capable of knowing what position is correct for a player than someone such as yourself, who seems to have little knowledge if you are saying that contracted players should be used instead of the loans we have, i.e Macklin, Halpin, Stevens etc.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

With regards to Danny, I like him. But I doubt he would be effective for the full 90 minutes. He's quick but can easily be knocked off the ball. Those who in the past have said that he's better coming on for the last 20-30 minutes of a game when the opposition are beginning to tire are right in my opinion as that is when his pace will be best used.

And yes Zebs is a hard worker, always running. It can be frustrating watching him get passed his marker, get into a decent position then fluff the cross but he's one of our top players and deserving of his place. Also I think he was subbed recently against Macclesfield or Bury so Bucks isn't afraid to sub him when necessary.