League 2: Northampton Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

A Cobbler wrote:Hi Torquay fans. A passing Cobbler here.

Let's face it. We're both small, sh*t clubs who occasionally have a glorious season every 5/10 years. Sometimes we are better than you. Somtimes you are better than us. This season is the latter. So why are we arguing over who is bigger or better? And what is more, why are some fans (in both sets I add!) taking a bit of banter so personally? I'm pretty sure I read some guy wish us relegation because his drum wasn't allowed in the ground!

Every group of fans have idiots, but this whole thing is utterly futile and makes us all look like mongs.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

From the supporter of a team that this season is slightly more sh*t than yours.
Um we're not arguing over who's bigger, we know we're a small club. It's your lot on the Hotel End that need reminding. Otherwise yeah, I agree. I've stated why I'm irked, some of your club's idiots need to stop acting like they support a Premiership club-in-waiting and calling clubs like Torquay 'inferior'. We're in the same league for god's sake. In return I shall refrain from having a strop about it.

Well I'll try :na: =D
bigcitylights
Trialist
Trialist

Post by bigcitylights »

ferrarilover wrote: Fascinating. Remind me, how are you doing this season?

Matt.
I don't think I was replying to any post which has slated our on the field performances, Matt. I was merely using some statistics to correct a previously untrue post.

Problem?

Regards,

Cobbler.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well gee, thanks for that Cobbler. Shall we head over to 'The Hotel End' and use stastistics to correct previously untrue posts, or will the sun have exploded by the time we finish?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

HRG wrote: Um we're not arguing over who's bigger, we know we're a small club. It's your lot on the Hotel End that need reminding. Otherwise yeah, I agree. I've stated why I'm irked, some of your club's idiots need to stop acting like they support a Premiership club-in-waiting and calling clubs like Torquay 'inferior'. We're in the same league for god's sake. In return I shall refrain from having a strop about it.

Well I'll try :na: =D
No, I completely agree with you as well. It really is silly that a few mongs on both forums have started this. The point I was making, that dear Matt does not seem to realise, is that neither of us are big. Most of our fans accept that, with a very small number on our forum either being deluded, or winding you up really well. The point is that I would hate for a number of Torquay fans to dislike us, or wish us relegation, based on a couple of people on an internet forum. In much the same way that I do not hate your club based on the very few morons on your board.

Good luck in your chase for promotion.
bigcitylights
Trialist
Trialist

Post by bigcitylights »

ferrarilover wrote:Well gee, thanks for that Cobbler. Shall we head over to 'The Hotel End' and use stastistics to correct previously untrue posts, or will the sun have exploded by the time we finish?

Matt.
Would be a bloody waste of time if you ask me, you're quite boring and it sounds like it would take a while to read.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Moron, that'll be me then I guess. It's not a few idiots on your board Cobbler, it's dozens if not hundreds of them. Whinging and moaning every time they fail to beat any other L2 club by 10 clear goals. It gripes me that the vast majority of Hotel End users seem to belive NTFC to have a divine right to be in a higher division because, once, a million years ago, you had a single season in the top flight. I have responded, not by posting on your board, but griping about it on my own board (I know, I know, it's Louis' board).

If you're going to come here, see the world written from the point of view of a Torquay fan, then be surprised enough about it to brand some of us morons, I suggest you take a look closer to home.

Matt.

Bigcity,

The way to find me less boring is to **** off back to your own board and post nonsense on there, you'll fit right in.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Well aren't A Cobbler and myself setting an excellent example, we're like ambassadors! :)
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

ferrarilover wrote:Moron, that'll be me then I guess. It's not a few idiots on your board Cobbler, it's dozens if not hundreds of them. Whinging and moaning every time they fail to beat any other L2 club by 10 clear goals. It gripes me that the vast majority of Hotel End users seem to belive NTFC to have a divine right to be in a higher division because, once, a million years ago, you had a single season in the top flight. I have responded, not by posting on your board, but griping about it on my own board (I know, I know, it's Louis' board).

If you're going to come here, see the world written from the point of view of a Torquay fan, then be surprised enough about it to brand some of us morons, I suggest you take a look closer to home.

Matt.

Bigcity,

The way to find me less boring is to f**k off back to your own board and post nonsense on there, you'll fit right in.
I branded a very few of you morons, and accepted that there were indeed morons on our board. So really, I dont need to take a look "closer to home", seen as I had already acknowledged it before you gave such advice.

You have a really good knack of taking quotes out of context and making it appear that I have belittled your club. I have no gripes with your club. In fact, I have a real soft spot for your club for the fantastic way you treated us when we won promotion at your place in 2000. I was only 8 at the time, but distinctly remembered your fans clapping us as we we celebrated on the pitch.

Learn to read the whole quote, and maybe you will get something out of the post.

And HRG, too right we are the ambassadors ^.^ Why don't we start a massive Torquay Northampton love-in to re-adress the balance? o:)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Only as long as statistics are banned, I've had quite enough of the damned things in this little row :sleep: :)
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

HRG wrote:Only as long as statistics are banned, I've had quite enough of the damned things in this little row :sleep: :)
:lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks Cobbler, for proving my point so succinctly with your reply.

You can leave now.

Matt.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

You are a right grumpus today Matt.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Cobbler, to be fair no one on here seriously wishes you guys relegation, but as we know very well the BSP is a very big wake up call. People see it as "Non League" but it is a very difficult league to get out of (unless you go further down).

You say you may have the odd moron who thinks you are a bigger club than you are, where as I do not know one Torquay fan who thinks we are any bigger than we actually are. If anything we pride ourselves on being as small as we are. Not many clubs have a fan base where everyone knows or knows of everyone. When we went to Wembley (twice) we couldn't even fill out the lower tier of the ground, but we don't mind that, that's who we are.

As for the drum....... How can your club email me saying due to health and safety we are not allowed a drum, but you are allowed some muppet dressed as a dragon to walk up and down with one? What was more annoying was your club even said "We will not allow our home fans to have a drum, therefore please respect the fact we cannot allow away fans to have one". Along with charging home fans £18 and away fans £19 you have to agree yourself it is very spiteful.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

Awayday wrote:Cobbler, to be fair no one on here seriously wishes you guys relegation, but as we know very well the BSP is a very big wake up call. People see it as "Non League" but it is a very difficult league to get out of (unless you go further down).

You say you may have the odd moron who thinks you are a bigger club than you are, where as I do not know one Torquay fan who thinks we are any bigger than we actually are. If anything we pride ourselves on being as small as we are. Not many clubs have a fan base where everyone knows or knows of everyone. When we went to Wembley (twice) we couldn't even fill out the lower tier of the ground, but we don't mind that, that's who we are.

As for the drum....... How can your club email me saying due to health and safety we are not allowed a drum, but you are allowed some muppet dressed as a dragon to walk up and down with one? What was more annoying was your club even said "We will not allow our home fans to have a drum, therefore please respect the fact we cannot allow away fans to have one". Along with charging home fans £18 and away fans £19 you have to agree yourself it is very spiteful.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season
To be fair mate I wasn't calling them morons on that basis, more that they were getting so worked up about the whole thing, which really is pointless.

With regards to the drum and ticket prices, yer I do see your point. E-mail the club and ask for answers.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Cheers Cobbler.... also who do we email with regards to cr@p referees?? lol