League 2: Bury v Torquay United 15/03/2011

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Honestly, perfectly good joke and you have to go and say that. What's the difference between a lizard and s dragon then?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Charlie is a bearded dragon and is a native of Australia. He is a big boy and is around 2 foot long. You would probably liken him to Guy Branston as he is tough and mean and eats live things!!!

Waffle is a Uromastyx Lizard. These are very unusal and ours is a native of Mali in Africa. They need quite a lot of experience to look after as they live in exceptionally hot conditions and his electricty bill is...well...don't tell Mrs Mid Devon.

He is kept at 90' all year round. He is a vegan! and lives off bird seed, millet and a host of veg, liking Sainsbury's Organic Curly Kale the best and Hibiscus flowers! You would liken him to Euan O'Kane, slow growing, looks like he needs a good roast dinner but exceptionally fast and exciting to watch!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cool. So, if I wanted some kind of lizard/dragon thingy for when Hammy the Hamster goes away, what should I get, as an amateur? Bearing in mind, I really like those cool little lizards you get on holiday in hot places.

Matt.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

You mean those geckos that are everywhere so you have to look at the floor when you walk to avoid squishing one? :Z
Think I'll stick to the gerbil, she's called Swishy and she's a beauty
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Bearded dragons are really easy. They are tame and easy to handle and great for kids

Apparently the Beckhams have one, and if they can look after one, even you could.

Just remember they are not cheap, £200 for a new set up of a decent quality. Loads of good places for food now in the area and you can even buy insects by post

Suggest if you are thinking of starting out to pop in to the fish and reptile shop near farmfoods in Torquay as they are good people and will ensure you do things right.

Geckos and Anole type lizards are good fun and are popular, but not as easy to handle and can get stressed easily
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

MidDevon wrote:Apparently the Beckhams have one, and if they can look after one, even you could.
Yeah but they probably employ a "pet wrangler" to look after it though :whistle:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Having looked at the highlights on the BBC I have to say we did ride our luck a bit in the first half!

However, by the looks of things I have to say that whilst it did appear that Zebs was offside for the disallowed "goal" to me it looked clearly over the line before he got there!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

CP Gull wrote:Having looked at the highlights on the BBC I have to say we did ride our luck a bit in the first half!

However, by the looks of things I have to say that whilst it did appear that Zebs was offside for the disallowed "goal" to me it looked clearly over the line before he got there!
What has this to do with lizards ? :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Quite right Troj, I can't stand people going off topic. :rofl:

Matt.
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

spent most of the morning reading this thread and admittedly got a bit emotional at times!

Although I didn't go to the game it was such a nice change to watch the highlights and see all the chances Bury missed, them hitting the post, going inches wide, etc instead of it happening to us!

This must be up there with the Wycombe result as performance/win of the season.

It really does make me proud to support this team - we really do have a good squad of players here and credit to Buckle for turning things around after the Hereford result where it was complete doom and gloom.

6 points off 3rd place - fantastic! Lets sneak into those play-offs with the momentum!
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

'Ere Troj, we've got another one of those 'off topicers'!

Marky, this topic is for the discussion of lizards only, no other chit chat will be entertained.

Matt.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Matt, now you are a mod you have to play nice. =D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:'Ere Troj, we've got another one of those 'off topicers'!

Marky, this topic is for the discussion of lizards only, no other chit chat will be entertained.

Matt.
I know this thread is about lizards, but I'm not having posters coming on here being topical. Next minute it will be about topical fish.

Had one dinner time today as it happened, went down well with the chips, mushy peas and pickled onions. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HRG wrote:Matt, now you are a mod you have to play nice. =D
whys that then bossy knickers?? =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: whys that then bossy knickers?? =D
Whatever happened to setting an example? If we all behaved like you Super they'd be chaos :)