League 2: Torquay United v Shrewsbury Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
citizengull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by citizengull »

Great result 5-0 Come on Next .
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Am I dreaming?!

Result of the season.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

The natives wont be happy in costa del hull tonite PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY time :) =D (D)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Job done, all over!

Wasn't it this time last year when we hit good form? And the year before?

I've said that I kind of wanted us to fall away from the top 7 as it was just prolonging the agony of dreaming we could make the P/O's. Well, a day like today shows we definately have got the quality to make the top 7, and that we shouldn't fear anyone there. I think massive credit must go to PB for the signings he's made, really look to have pepped the side up.

With Port Vale faltering and us still having to play them at Plainmoor, are they the side above us we should be keeping an eye on?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Possession 62% 38% in our favour
16 shots on goal to 3.

That is an absolute beasting
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

beautiful.

ive had a text asking me to get super signed back on at plainmoor!

and ac northampton have lost at home! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

:scarf: :O :~D 8-] :-D
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

as the song goes just like watching brazil............. bring on bury
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Absolutely FANTASTIC result today!!! really a great day to be a Gulls fan!! :scarf: :scarf:
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Brings a tear to my eyes that if we keep this up in a few years time the dream of Torquay playing AC Cobblers at San Sixfields could be a possibility and we will have someting to tell our grandchildren.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

we've all run out of superlatives it seems - never enough icons when you need them.... :Z :bow: :clap: :engflag: :'( :~D :) :@ :lol: :lock: :na: :| :scarf: :scarf:

Didn't our red hot run last year coincide coincide with the return of

The Bevanator

:whip:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

stuff ex-super nicky wroe, theres only 1 Super Stanley!!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

we wont ever forget what nicky wroe did for our beloved team,and we thank him for that,hopefully now with stanley we have found a more than adequate replcement....simon
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

WOW, what an amazing afternoon of football
The gulls are going up
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

BOOM

That was an ABSOLUTE DEMOLITION JOB. Regardless of the sending off, we have smashed one of the better sides in this division off the park today. They were reduced to 2 shots from 40 yards, one hit the corner flag, the other went for a throw. We peppered their goal, Nico, Robinson, Branno header and Zedders all going mighty close first half, a Stanley free kick late on, a decent save and silly, mistimed header over an empty net , Shrewsbury can consider themselves extremely fortunate that it was 'only' 5.

If we had won 8-0 today, they would be thanking their lucky stars that they got the 0.

Scotty B made one good reaction save and collected one dangerous, far post corner and that was it.
Robbo dealt with his guy well and Harrold didn't touch the ball when he come on, so frustrated that he tried to start a fight from a TUFC corner and was wisely pulled away by a teammate
Pickles, epic, slightly unlucky not to score, their little CF went for him twice, second time, Branno picked him up off the ground with one hand, got right in his face and gestured (and no doubt shouted) 'That's twice, once more, you get one back!'
Nico, absolutely brilliant, did considerably more attacking than defending. His inch perfect far post ball earned us the penalty, unlucky not to score a goal of the season contender.
Manse, typical Lee Mansell, not a thing beat him played equally well tracking back (what little he did) and going forward.
Zedders, swapped wings with Robinson at will, super goal, skinned his bloke time and again.
Robinson, absolutely annihilated his fat, useless right back until he got himself set off, didn't celebrate after either goal, lucky to still be walking after 'that' tackle.
Tomlin, What. A. Finish. Beat the trap, ran on, put the keeper on his arse and dinked it over him, 4 minutes gone, game over!
Pringle, looking more match fit now, played as well as anybody.
Murray, looks good, don't recall a lot of him, but he did lay on an excellent ball for the first goal.

Eunan, desperately wanted to get on the score sheet and looked up with a view to a shot a couple of time, excellent for the time he was on.
Danny, usual Danny, no first touch, but once he's got it, he's away, made the 5th goal which, in fairness to the STFC guy, was VERY unlucky.
Damon Lathrope, only on for 6 or 7 mins, nothing memorable either way.

Who have I missed... Oh yeah, that's it...

Craig Stanley. Take. A. Bow. Son! How good is this guy? All day, just SO good, words fail me. Remember Wroe at his best, well Stanley made Wroe look like a fat, drunk docker in high heels and a dress. Even in a team full of standout performers, he was head and shoulders above. Beyond brilliant, my player of the season already.

Quick note on Nicky Wroe, he was fecking useless, usual completely anonymous performance, bloody good deal we got there.

A word too for the officials. Wonderful, not a decision out of place, absolutely perfect. I'm not sure why Andy D'Urso is reffing down at our level, but long may it continue, didn't bottle the big decisions (the pen was given by the lino on the Pop side, who was similarly excellent).

The only sour notes stem from the same incident. The useless embarrassment of a right back playing for them, ought not to play again this season. Got the run around from Robinson all first half, decided to exact his revenge by taking a ten yard run up and going in from behind, with both feet, knee **** ing high. Ought to have been sent off twice. Disgusting tackle from the worst player on the pitch by a country mile. The other disappointment is the decision by the Shrewsbury Town fans to applaud this **** off the pitch. He was a liability (arguably OUR best player) all the time he was on, cumbersome, unco-ordinated, bereft of any discernable talent for the game what-so-ever. Was rightly dismissed for a horrific tackle on one of his team mates (sort of) and yet a large portion of the (very impressive 416) away fans decided he was worthy of applause. The last tackle of that kind I saw was Roscoe D'Sane at Oxford when he did an identical thing seconds after coming on. He was roundly booed by every fan that day, both sets of Yellow Army.

That was the performance and score line we have been threatening for a few home games now, play like that every week from now to the end of the season, we might go up as champions.

Bury on Tuesday, anyone?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"