Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

ferrarilover wrote: Jane, will you too be making the trip to our nation's capital to watch your beloved Bees?

Matt.
I was really hoping to Matt, but the head gasket thing in my car needs something doing to it urgently and it's going to cost all my limbs and more... :( And to be honest, it's so long since I've been to Plainmoor, when I get some spare cash I will come and watch my beloved Gulls. Obviously if a) my lotto numbers come up or b) a rich benefactor takes pity on me after reading this and donates a new Freelander to me, I shall be delighted to go and watch Bees - I am so chuffed they've got there <bounce bounce smilie>
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If only Victorian Britain had left over some sort of relic, a legacy if you will, which would allow the masses to travel beyond the range of their horses. Big, iron contraptions, powered by steam which could which the occupants a great distance with relative alacrity... Hmmm, if only.

Seriously though, that's a shame. Make sure it is the HG gone on your car. I had an AA man spend about 9 seconds looking at a former carriage of mine and diagnosed a fecked HG. Took it to a local Fred in a shed and he swapped the knackered engine cooling fan fuse for a working one, I gave him 25p and drove home. In these days of unleaded fuel and high precision mass manufacturing techniques, you normally have to either drive to the moon and back, or like a knob to do over a head gasket (well, that's my understanding anyway, perhaps too much faith in modern engineering)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Louis wrote:Read your intro a while back but it appears I never actually welcomed you!

Great introduction Brady, glad to have you on the site. Enjoy :)

Cheers Louis - Good to be here !! :scarf:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

westbaygull wrote:Greetings, fellow Lunduner. May I recommend the occasional visit to Griffin Park inbetween trips to Plainmoor...? Oooh, you could even pop to Wembley and see them :~D

knowing a few frequenters of Griffin Park, i couldn't possibly show my face there i'm afraid !!! i might be tempted to meet some of them for a beer before (and after) the JPT Final, but i couldn't possibly bring myself to don the red & white through fear of being mistaken for another certain team !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

ferrarilover wrote: In these days of unleaded fuel and high precision mass manufacturing techniques, you normally have to either drive to the moon and back, or like a knob to do over a head gasket
Matt.
My lil LaRo has done 130k so not quite to the moon, and I rarely exceed the speed limit, as you know having followed me back from Weymarf =D . I did have a Corsa 1.4 S-something at the weekend and did 85 (until I spotted the speedo and swiftly took my foot off the go faster pedal.)
Anyways, LaRo is now with the mechanic and I am having to rely on public transport - there may be a rant on the rant thread later.

Sorry Brady, hijacked your welcome thread. Hope you join in celebration drinks with your Bees chums after the final :~D
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Totally off-topic here aswell, but, Jane, I assume from your name that you live in West Bay?

Having recently been near there for a week, what do you spend your days doing? There seemed to be nothing to do in West Bay?!?!

Unless I totally missed a part of it?!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Top thing to do in West Bay:

Crate of Magners, wander round to Janes and let her cook you some of her famous bacon sarnies, awesome. Then laugh as she sinks a few only to start talking utter ********** :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Southampton Gull wrote: Then laugh as she sinks a few only to start talking utter ********** :clap: :clap: :clap:
I so do not talk utter ********** after a few :@ That's when I'm sober. I sing like an o:) when I've sunk a few :na:
sam13
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: billy kee

Post by sam13 »

14, supported the gulls for a while now started supporting the year we got relagated from league 1. wasnt a great start but i got hooked. pop-side season ticket holder. my favourite season was the year we won promotion from the confrence. sillsy and hargreaves are still my most favourite players. but in the current squad its close between kee, mansell, zebs, o'kane, nico, potter and if he comes back stanley :scarf: .
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Welcome to the forum, Sam. I hope you enjoy it on here.
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

A warm welcome to the forum Sam. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Ashes Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Ashes Gull »

Just quick message to say hi.Been a Gulls fan for about Twenty years now,my first was the F.A cup game against west ham.I know what a game to be your first.Always been a pop sider in them twenty years
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Welcome to the Forum, I hope you enjoy using it and become an active participant.
Dave

Ashes Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Ashes Gull »

Cheers Dave
iain g
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: branston

Post by iain g »

good evening, i first saw torquay in 1986 whilst on holiday with mum dad and wee brother. the game was against burnley and as far as i can remember it finished 1 each, since then i always look out for the score on a match day. i come from edinburgh and support hibernian (hibs/hibees), really hope we win on saturday as i am making plans to go to carlisle and take my son who is thirteen come on the gulls :-D