Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Sorry pal, no room for any more Matts here, support another team.

Matt.
If you insist, Exeter here I come :)
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

I was the only one in the whole stadium to shout it, and i was a rebel coz i was like 10. :)
Torquay Till I Die!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh no, he's not the bloody karate kid, is he Mr Myagi? (spelling almost certainly incorrect.)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

In one :)

I'll show you his videos :~D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Welcome Dave. enjoy :clap: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:In one :)

I'll show you his videos :~D
Do it man, this is precisely why God invented YouTube. Get 'em posted and send me the links.

Matt.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Hi Yellow Army

My name is Brady, i'm a TUFC fan, have been for the last 30+ yrs, despite being london born and bred.

so how did i become a torquay supporter despite the one or two clubs i had to choose from more locally ??? well, from age of about 6-7, my family used to holiday down in torquay over the christmas period, at various hotels, mainly the Belgrave (long before it became Premier Inn of course), the Templestow, and the Derwent/Victoria. My grandad (although a london Man Utd supporter - like so many others) used to take me to Plainmoor on boxing day if we were at home, and so began my life as a TUFC fan.

in those early years, i obviously didn't get to many games, and even now, home games are a trek for me, but i do it as often as i can, and now bring my 8yr old boy to some games too. Last year he was mascot for the game against Bury, so he's now a fully fledged Gull too. If he comes down with me, we sit behind the goal, but when he doesn't come, i'm always popside. I probably get to more away games each season due to my location, and if i'm honest, i enjoy the support and atmosphere created by the yellow army more at away games. Thankfully, i'm nice and local for all the wembley appearances over the years.

well, that's enough from me. see you all at plainmoor soon.

cheers.

B.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Look forward to meeting you at a few away games Brady, glad to have you amongst us :scarf:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the site mate.

enjoy!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

London based eh, see you at Barnet?

Matt.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

oh Matt, don't even mention Barnet !! it's the closest ground to me in Div2 (about 15miles), but my daughter has decided to plan her birthday party for saturday, so i'm on taxi duty running a bunch of teenage girls to ice skating etc. Gutted just doesn't cover it !!! unfortunately, it was either this week or the following week, when we "could've" been in the FA Cup, so i figured missing Barnet at their shitty little tinpot ground would be the one to miss. fair to say that backfired !! if i can arrange it, i'll hopefully get down for the southend game, but will definitely be at cheltenham and aldershot away, and whatever else i can fit in in between. if you're going saturday, have a good one !!

Brady.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Greetings, fellow Lunduner. May I recommend the occasional visit to Griffin Park inbetween trips to Plainmoor...? Oooh, you could even pop to Wembley and see them :~D
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

15 miles from Barnet and you're on taxi duty to ice skating. How it is in Brixton these days?? And make sure your daughter goes careful down at Streatham!!!

Being London based myself these days I would normally go to Barnet. It was the ground where I first introduced my girl to the mighty Gulls. This season though I'm probably going to have to give it a miss. A lack of funds means I've got to decide between Barnet and Aldershot and Aldershot wins. Always a much better atmosphere, but I wish they didn't make you walk right out around their ground to get in!!!
Last edited by crazyfool on 08 Feb 2011, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Usually, they don't, but last time, Devon and Cornwall five-oh informed ATFC safety officer that approximately 50-100 away fans should be expected, so when 10 times their lower estimate turned up, they were something which rhymes with 'clucked'.

Jane, will you too be making the trip to our nation's capital to watch your beloved Bees?

Matt.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Read your intro a while back but it appears I never actually welcomed you!

Great introduction Brady, glad to have you on the site. Enjoy :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest