Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Uruquay
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Uruquay »

Yes. I am uruguaian, like I said before, I'm from Montevideo, the capital town. Sorry if my english is not clear. Do you live in Torquay? How does it looks? Tell me more about Torquay city. Thanks!
Uruquay
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Uruquay »

Thanks! I'll do it!
Uruquay
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Uruquay »

How can I see the Torquay's matches or highlights on Internet?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Welcome to the site mate! Im currently serving in the R Sigs and its always good to see BATUS has it's perks! Haha. Enjoy the forum!

Craig.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Hi,

I'm a new member here, not been a supporter long, but thought I'd get stuck in on here - given that I hope to be turning up to a few games this season with my boyfriend, (No, we're not a gay couple :rofl: ).
Pea.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the funny farm.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome on board.

but as you dont like shirt G, Tha' barred. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

On the eve of the new season I thought it polite to introduce myself to you all before starting to post.

My name is Tony. My lifetime of following TUFC began at primary school age listening to that penalty shoot out win underneath the bed covers so not to get caught. It continued with pocket money and paper round money being used to attend a good number of home games through the early/mid nineties. I left Devon, initially for Uni in Yorkshire in 1999, and have not lived back down there since. I spent 5 years on the other side of the world from 2002, celebrating our promotion in 2004 from afar (but not without the amount of partying merited). Since 2007 I have been back getting to as many games as I can, mostly in the south east but with a good few trips back to Devon and the odd game up north also.

I joined here a month or so ago, have been reading since the Aldershot game in February, a night when the (very) cold truth about the severity of our situation hit home, and I thank all regular (and not so regular) contributors for helping keep those of us a little far away well informed, and for providing a feeling of togetherness.

(Andy - Glad to hear the matchday previews are to continue. Very entertaining to all those with a sense of humour)

I am generally an optimist, and and quietly optimistic about the coming season with AK and the additions over the summer. I personally have learnt lessons from last season. I believed that we would plod along last year and finish mid-table, without too much excitement. How wrong I was, and I believe that I personally was overly complacent. I appreciate this makes no real difference as a supporter, but the mindset of the team, the club and the fanbase is important and does make a difference. I don't know if there was complacency there also, but it felt like there was. That same feeling is not there with me this season, and surely it can't be within the club either.

Anyway, introduction and mini-rant over. Looking forward to the season and a big year ahead.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Welcome!!

Thanks for that introduction. Here's hoping that this season is a lot better than the last. Nothing less than wins against the greasers and gargs will do for me....and that's just for starters.
I'm also hoping Billy has the most amazing season ever, if only because I like the thought of Andy squirming ;-)

Anyway, here's hoping you post a lot more as the season unfolds.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Thanks Scott, I hope to post fairly regularly, if I can think of something interesting to say.

Agree with you on Billy (and your reasoning). Think he has a good chance of coming good as the talent is there, and he would certainly be one of those who may have been a touch complacent early last season. It's a big season for his career you feel.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the forum mate.

and good to see you moved to somewhere decent in 1999............ =D

TUST Member 468

FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Cheers,

Was dirty Leeds though mind! (I had a great time mind)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Welcome to the forum Tony and hope you enjoy being part of this community. Thankyou for the kind words regarding the threads too, much appreciated.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Stocker13
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Poke

Post by Stocker13 »

Hello Everyone,

My names Jacob Stocker, i'm 15 and I've been a TUFC fan since early 2010. Me and my uncle go to the home games when i'm not working; we go on the right side of the pop stand! As I play football in goal my favorite player is Michael Poke! Looking forward to the season and hoping Alan Knill can push Torquay to a play-off place this season so i'm staying optimistic!

J. Stocker
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the forum Jacob! :clap:

TUST Member 468