Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Welcome mate! Its good to have another member of the armed forces on here supporting the yellow army!
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Welcome TJ
Nice to have another newby on the forum. Hope you enjoy yourself and post often!
Cheers, HG :scarf:
TUST member 077
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Thanksfor the welcome guy's, so nice to join such a friendly forum

Bleeper gull; I think we need to get more TUFC fan's from the armed forces lol i know there are plenty out there glory hunting! Also when will Torquay offer us troops a forces discount for season tickets????? :devil:
My Life To Live!
COYY
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

haha i like your thinking there mate! got to get those that glory hunt to come see what real football is all about! ;-) ahh i think asking if we can get discounts at the club cant hurt can it? seen many football league clubs around who have offered discounted tickets if you show your MOD90. out of interest, where are you based atm then mate?
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Currently serving at HMS Raleigh mate, a nice cheers easy gaurding job lol, done all that hard work years ago now enjoying fairy soft hands haha. where are you based mate?

I like the idea of a discounted season ticket for us as we can't always make the games... but want to support out club still by buying season tickets! I asked the reception a while back but they said they don't do it, maybe if a few more MOD personel ask they might eventually consider it!
My Life To Live!
COYY
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

I spent some time down at HMS Raleigh for a marine / navy look at life week with other colleges across the south west about 4 (woah really?) years back. Met my ex that way... better not tell you the full story ;-)

PS.. welcome :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Enjoying the easy life now then mate! ;-) ahaha im still in phase 2 training in blandford :/ 17 weeks down 32 to go! haha, all worth it in the end, get my lance jack straight after course if i complete PNCO :P its allll about the money! ;-) haha.. yeah mate, need to get all the MOD personnel to get us the discounts! haha ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

tattooedjackass wrote:Currently serving at HMS Raleigh mate, a nice cheers easy gaurding job lol, done all that hard work years ago now enjoying fairy soft hands haha. where are you based mate?

I like the idea of a discounted season ticket for us as we can't always make the games... but want to support out club still by buying season tickets! I asked the reception a while back but they said they don't do it, maybe if a few more MOD personel ask they might eventually consider it!
closest I came to a life in the armed forces was when I spent a week working for an agency, cleaning the kitchens at HMS Raleigh.

They like their ovens to be clean!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

happytorq wrote:I like the idea of a discounted season ticket for us as we can't always make the games... but want to support out club still by buying season tickets! I asked the reception a while back but they said they don't do it, maybe if a few more MOD personel ask they might eventually consider it!
closest I came to a life in the armed forces was when I spent a week working for an agency, cleaning the kitchens at HMS Raleigh.

They like their ovens to be clean![/quote]

The Armed forces like everything to be clean haha!

Good luck on the course mate and a bit of advice i will give you is get your head down during training and it will all pay off in the future, enough time to party and have fun after the training process! plus getting your Lance Jacks straight after is a great thing especially money wise! i've done 13 years all together now and it has been a good crack!
My Life To Live!
COYY
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I've been lurking on here a while so thought it was time I registered - I did register a while back under a different name but must have been deleted for not posting...

As my username suggests I live not far from the ground so I have the luxury of being able to walk to games! Unfortunately I work a lot of weekends so don't make it as often as I'd like - my first match was in Feb last year and I've now made it 8 (7 at Plainmoor, one away... at Argyle :)). Hope to get to one or two more before the end of the season, and to even more next season in League One...

I'm originally from London, moved to Plymouth in 2002, then to Torquay in 2007 but never followed a team until recently (even though when I was in Plymouth I lived as close to Home Park as I do now to Plainmoor... think I had a lucky escape there...).

Will try to post more and not get my account deleted this time...
Jason
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Welcome good Sir!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Hi Jason,

We don't delete people for not posting, a couple years back we had a fire on the old server in Germany and lost loads of data (lesson learnt that backups are essential and so are UK based servers) but that would be why your profile went missing - it was cremated :)

Welcome back to our new site and thanks for the intro!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Wise move avoiding the greens although your mum would never say that! :lol:

Have a good time following the yellows, it certainly has been a rollercoaster these past 8 years!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Welcome!

Early front-runner for "Best New Username"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Just out of interest, Heaven and Hele, what tempted you to follow the mighty yellows? Just interested if some of our club's schemes are working...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...