Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum, Pete. I'm sure Trojan will be adding his unique input to your thread ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Welcome!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Hooray! Another US-based Gull. We should start a club. I think there's 3 of us now :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

happytorq wrote:Hooray! Another US-based Gull. We should start a club. I think there's 3 of us now :)

You don't count :~D

This now must make a meeting point in southern MO or GA? (central point) Any Hawaiian Gulls out there?
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Hi All
Did a quick post after the sensational win on Tuesday and in the excitement of the moment did not do the etiquette thing and introduce myself properly. My thanks to Southampton gull for a lovely response BTW.

Have been a TUFC supporter since a visit in 2004, and finally got around to joining the forum late last year. Too shy to post until this week. One side of the family is from Torquay (about 100 years ago) so I feel I sort of belong? Hence the 'Heritage' moniker. We all live in Adelaide, South Australia.

I'm a Sports Dietitian, so if the lads need some nutrition advice from afar, happy to oblige. I have worked with footballers here in Oz, but wrong type of football for your liking I suspect. Not sure how long distance nutrition would work anyway.

One question...is Aussie really a (misplaced) Aussie?
Cheers to all at TQ.
Heritage gull (£)
TUST member 077
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nice introduction and Adelaide happens to be on my to do list as I have good friends there, glad to have you aboard ;-)

As for Aussie, we think of him as misplaced full stop :lol: He's what we call a rough diamond I guess, bless his cottons.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Welcome to the site....got family over in Oz (as well as NZ) so hope to visit upside down land at some point in the future....mind you getting to Torquay is expensive enough already, without adding on costs of getting slightly further....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Thanks for the welcome!
Poor Aussie...as along as he is just misplaced and not lost :)
Nice to hear Adelaide is of interest. Quite seriously, happy to show visitors around when you visit...wineries only 1/2 hour away and some nice breweries (Coopers) too. Please be in touch if you make the trip. It doesn't need to be too expensive Scott, but the long haul flight IS a pain in the backside (literally).

Looking forward to Saturdays' game. Another win on the way to the top. COYY!! :scarf:
TUST member 077
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I guess it depends what you class as expensive or not!! :lol:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Probably costs about the same to get to Torquay from the channel islands as it does to Oz? :whistle: Some good cheap airfares available....if you travel in the TUFC off-season, VERY cheap airfares to Oz (our Winter, but no snow or sleet). NZ is just a hop across 'the ditch' after that. (£)
TUST member 077
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

I am from Melbourne mate, born and bred! Hawks supporter and ex-Springvale City football player. Typing this in absolute agony right now, hurt me back at work and I`m wait for my prescription!
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Aussie ma-ate, Melbourne is a great city. Football Mecca as you know! At least you are not a Collingwood supporter. Hawks are acceptable. Sorry to hear about your back injury. Ice and drugs (not one and the same =D) should fix you. Hope you are up & about by Saturday for the next big win. Go the yellows :scarf:
TUST member 077
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Heritage gull wrote:Aussie ma-ate, Melbourne is a great city. Football Mecca as you know! At least you are not a Collingwood supporter. Hawks are acceptable. Sorry to hear about your back injury. Ice and drugs (not one and the same =D) should fix you. Hope you are up & about by Saturday for the next big win. Go the yellows :scarf:
No chance of going today, so the groundstaff are going to have to do without me for the first time years! Gutted!
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tattooedjackass »

Hey all,

Glad to be a part of this board for fan's, i'm new back to football after a 25 year break, i used to go to every home game with my Grandad up to the age of 7 and when he died i lost the love of football becuase of that, it's only the last year or so i have got back into it and am now an avid Torquay supporter, i try and get to every home game i can when work doesn't get in the way. I have lived in the bay all my life only travelling away serving in the Royal Navy and now the British Army as homeland Security so luckily enough i don't go outside England anymore. As for my user name (tattooedjackass) i got that from being very good friends with a certain member of the Jackass group (TV show/ movies) for some of the oldies! and that i'm heavily tattooed.

Anyway thanks for letting me be a part of your message board and i hope to spend alot of time here...

COYY :scarf:
My Life To Live!
COYY
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Hey good to see you on here from facebook!

Y4L!