Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

stevegull wrote:Just out of interest, Heaven and Hele, what tempted you to follow the mighty yellows? Just interested if some of our club's schemes are working...
Not sure it was anything in particular, I'm tempted to say the fact that the ground is only a mile from my house but then as I mentioned in the original post, I lived about the same distance from Home Park for 5 years and managed to avoid that particular fate! I'd always been a total neutral, just watching internationals, FA Cup Finals etc on TV, started watching MOTD then the Football League Show when I worked nights at my previous job just for something to break the shift up, then watched at home and realised I was more interested in the lower leagues than the prem. Followed the progress of Torquay as they were my local club by this time - I'd thought about going to Argyle when I lived in Plymouth but never got round to it and the same applied to Torquay for a while, until one February Saturday last year I wasn't working, Torquay were at home, it was a nice day so it seemed the ideal opportunity. Even then I don't think I was totally hooked, but my second was the last home game of the season against Chesterfield and I loved the atmosphere - that did it for me!
I didn't mean to waffle on but I'm at work with over 5 hours to kill! In short it wasn't one thing that attracted me, I guess I was slowly drawn in...
Jason
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

happytorq wrote:Hooray! Another US-based Gull. We should start a club. I think there's 3 of us now :)
You CLOWN, three's a crowd, not a club!

No real explanation as to why the grandson of a Master Butcher from Devon is now living in the shell of a city nailed to the bottom of the stupidest nation on Earth.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Well at long last after making several accounts, one is working!!! :~D

I can finally talk to someone who is interested in the mighty Torquay! :clap:

oh and Hi ;D you may know me from the dismal crossbar challenge attempt at the Port Vale home game in March 2012. :goal:

Yes, I was the one wearing yellow trousers :lol:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Welcome fellow Schooner Army member! :) Or is it Yellow trousers barmy army for you ;-)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Welcome to the site. I saw your shot at half time :) at least you tried, well done.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

Louis wrote:Welcome to the site. I saw your shot at half time :) at least you tried, well done.

Thankyou :)

I did think of begging a player to do it for me but im glad i did it it was fun!! :goal:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Nice story Jason. Welcome to the church of Plainmoor!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Mr Tacky
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Mr Tacky »

Hi Everyone.

I know nothing about the technical bits of footie. The offside rule is a complete mystery to me. Everyone around me at the games is very knowledgable and never take the piss out of my sheer ignorance. (A nice touch.) I know a bad ref or lino though when I see them and like nothing better to vent my pent up frustration in their direction.

Nice to spend an afternoon with nice people and to talk to players who don't think that the world owes them a living.

So if i do come out with any crap at any time, please tell me and I'll shut up or find another subject to write about. Thanks.
:lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't worry about that Mr Tacky, I have been talking crap for years, and every now and again I get a way with it aswell... :)

A fair few on here talk utter crap if the truth be known, so you will be right at home, just enjoy it, and don't take it to seriously :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
Mr Tacky
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Mr Tacky »

Thanks for that. I've actually been going to the games since 2008 and love every minute. My step son Adam is 'The Gruffallow' and goes away alot as well. A great season for us 2011/2012. I think Lingy got it so right. Hope we keep Mark and Eunan.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tattooedjackass »

Welcome i too am not very technical minded with the football but i do try and also do spill some crap too lol, but people are very forgiving here and its a great place to talk about the team you love!
My Life To Live!
COYY
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Mr Tacky wrote:Hi Everyone.

I know nothing about the technical bits of footie. The offside rule is a complete mystery to me. Everyone around me at the games is very knowledgable and never take the piss out of my sheer ignorance. (A nice touch.) I know a bad ref or lino though when I see them and like nothing better to vent my pent up frustration in their direction.

Nice to spend an afternoon with nice people and to talk to players who don't think that the world owes them a living.

So if i do come out with any crap at any time, please tell me and I'll shut up or find another subject to write about. Thanks.
:lol:
Well well well, if it isn't Gazza himself. All we need now is to get Les on here, and we'll have the full compliment of the Popside Tiddlieinkers on the board.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

hello people im new to the site and im struggling to work out how to add an avatar can someone help me please,
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum.

Click:

"User Control Panel"
"Profile"
"Edit Avatar"

You can then either upload from your computer or add a link.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

thanks dave ive found it, but its saying that the image is too big any ideas mate, sorry to be a pain im not that great with computers