Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

welcome to the forum mate
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Is this a safe place to be if I was a member of the old board :rofl:

Finally had the time to join this one, so hope to contribute.

Some of you know me as the one who runs the flag company.

Nice to be part of a forum again
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

MidDevon, welcome back!

It's safer than ever. Shame about before but new name new start :)

Hope you are well.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Glad to have you back with us mate.

I was looking for your username a while ago, I wanted to see if you can help us to get some flags sorted for the newly formed Ultras. All in the name of improving the matchday experience.

I've suggested setting up a fund to buy a quantity, maybe you can offer some ideas yourself.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Hi MidD, am I going mad, or were you thinking of emigrating? Good to see you here again, my flag still looking gorgeous in the back of my car :bow:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

I had a job opportunity in New Zealand, in my old profession before selling flags as I do now. I went as far as going over there to discuss matters further but we could not negotiate terms which would have made it financially viable.

New Zealand on the whole is a great place to live, but Greater Auckland, where I would have been based is just one big sprawl and costs an absolute fortune to buy property in....mind you there is a place on North Shore called Torbay!

So I am sticking here selling polyester to customers!!!

Pleased there is an interest in forming an Ultras group, we sell shed loads of flags to Accrington and York fans in particular.

My honest suggestion is to use both flags from ourselves, but also find a great material shop for your larger flags as that is a really economical way of making a massive statement.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Undertake training when necessary, I love that, just learn a brand new language as and when you need to. Glad I got the address correct, pleased with that.

Thanks for coming back and settling this for me, have fun in Romania, maybe post a little on the main board.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Many thanks for the donation towards running the site, I have added you to the site friends and you should see no more ads. :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Hi

Are you the bloke who runs the 1000flags website? If so, thank you, I bought 3 large flags from you to make make one big flag for the Back Step Army.
If you visit the Back Step Army page on Facebook you will see a picture of the finished flag

Welcome back anyway.

See you soon

Paul
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

Hi Paul

Well put it this way, I work for the wife! She owns the business. :Oops:

I would give here 5/10 as a wife and 1/10 as a boss! but yes that is us.

We are only a small family business, but relatively large in the flag world and selling to local people is always nice

I can probably get away with saying that we too have a company facebook page, feel free to join if you are interested in seeing what new flags we have in and getting occasional anorak flag facts!, I will certainly join your group.

Mid Devon
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

can you send a link to the Back Step Army as i cannot find it
thanks
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Comes to something really... I live in St Neots, population of about 30k, famous for the only ever Prime Minister murderer, stealing the bones of St Neot (hence why we have pretty much the same name as the town in Cornwall and having a football team rising up the football league, Stefan Moore (ex Villa) up front and some famous names in and around the club in the last few years...

But of course, you all know Little Paxton, population of about 800, of which most are one family and not really anything decent has ever happened there!

Anyways, rant over! Cant say I know a Taryn, ferrarilover, who are/is they/she/he?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

She is a wonderful young lady of my acquaintance, released an album recently on the PerryRoad label. Big in the karaoke scene in Bedfordshire. Lovely girl.

I do know St Neots. I have a pal who lives in the only house in England which still has it's own, private cemetery within the grounds of the house. Some of the roads round there are brilliant if one can escape the arterial routes. Like fen roads through Norfolk, but with fields and ditches to the side rather than water, so the chances of dying if it all goes Pete Tong are much reduced... which is nice.

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:She is a wonderful young lady of my acquaintance, released an album recently on the PerryRoad label. Big in the karaoke scene in Bedfordshire. Lovely girl.

I do know St Neots. I have a pal who lives in the only house in England which still has it's own, private cemetery within the grounds of the house. Some of the roads round there are brilliant if one can escape the arterial routes. Like fen roads through Norfolk, but with fields and ditches to the side rather than water, so the chances of dying if it all goes Pete Tong are much reduced... which is nice.

Matt.
I will keep an eye out for her, she may even end up playing in my local soon!

Not so sure about the chances of dying being reduced, already seen a couple news reports of deaths after cars rolling off the road. You are right though, the route from St Neots to Huntingdon is a nice drive if you can avoid the traffic. There does seem to be a huge amount of old biddies driving in rush hour though, really don't know why!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I can solve your problem. Buy a Focus ST, an orange one, they're so frightened by the lights (a bi-xenon affair which'll outshine the sun) and the colour that they either stop and wave you past, or drive off the road all together. That and the 300bhp on tap should they fail to see you coming :clap:

Matt.